- Remote Advising: Peter Blackman, Laura Demir and Media Studies faculty are available for remote advising. Visit People for their availability, and the links below for Google Meet appointments with Peter or Laura:
- Spring 2020 Semester “P” Grades – All “P” grades from the spring 2020 semester will count toward fulfilling Media Studies major requirements.
- Email Student Academic Advisors at firstname.lastname@example.org.
- Media Studies Spring 2020 Application – Revised
Final application period extended with revised application – Due 11:59 pm on April 3, 2020. If you have questions about the application or cover letter, see remote advising options above.
- Future Media Studies Applications and Spring 2020 P Grading Due to COVID-19 – Check back in April for instructions.
- Media Studies 10 online course offered this summer (2020). This is a great opportunity for students to complete this major prerequisite.
- Summer 2020 courses
- UGIS Commencement – Due to the COVID-19 crisis, the Spring 2020 UGIS Commencement has been canceled. Alternate celebration plans will be published when available.
- GSI & Reader Positions (Summer 2020 & Fall 2020)
Media Studies at UC Berkeley is an interdisciplinary program that introduces students to various media theories and practices in its broadest sense, including the history of media technologies, institutions, and the politics of media and its significance for democratic citizenship. Media literacy, critique and competency, along with research skills in media studies, are core components of our Major. Media studies also provide tools for critical analysis and interpretation of various media.
Answers to the most frequent questions and answers
Recommended events for Media Studies
The following destinations provide more information about Media Studies resources.